Monday, July 28, 2008

100 Pushups: Week 5, Day 1

Column 2

Level 1: 35/35
Level 2: 28/28
Level 3: 25/25
Level 4: 22/22
Level 5: 35/min 35

Steve Spiers, the creator of the hundredpushups site has been sending periodic updates to the people who have signed up to take the challenge. In his last update, he mentioned that week 5 is a tough one, which I find to be a bit of an understatement.

I was able to do 50 pushups during my last test (yesterday morning), so technically I should be in column 3 this week. But I was barely able to eke out the numbers in column 2, and only by resting a little longer than the 60 seconds in the plan. These numbers just seem a little ambitious to me.

Then again, I am pushing 40. Maybe a younger person wouldn't find it so challenging.

At any rate, I'm not giving up. I will probably repeat week 5 next week though. I don't think I'm going to be able to do week 6 if I'm struggling with week 5.

No comments: